If you don't have the time for a formal exercise program, you can still find ways to move throughout your day. Try these tips:
- Bike instead of driving to the store.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park as far as you can from the door.
- Hand-wash your car.
- Clean your house.
- Walk on your lunch break.
- Vitamin C
- Omega-3 fatty acids
A common side effect of stress is that you may struggle to fall asleep. If this happens three times a week for at least 3 months, you may have insomnia, an inability to fall and stay asleep. Lack of sleep can also add to your stress level and cause a cycle of stress and sleeplessness.
Better sleep habits can help. This includes both your daily routine and the way you set up your bedroom. Habits that may help include:
- Exercise regularly.
- Get out in the sunlight.
- Drink less alcohol and caffeine close to bedtime.
- Set a sleep schedule.
- Don’t look at your electronics 30-60 minutes before bed.
- Try meditation or other forms of relaxation at bedtime.
- Deep breathing
- Connect with people
- Inner voice
- Laugh therapy
- Talk therapy